KDYS is committed to promoting, developing and sustaining volunteering as being fundamental to society, and a worthwhile activity for people to engage in; and aims to support the development of best practice to ensure and support the involvement of volunteers in KDYS.
Benefits to being a Volunteer with KDYS
- Being part of a vibrant and committed Youth Organisation providing quality services to young people in the Diocese of Kerry.
- Access to quality training which will provide you with leadership, group work and facilitation skills, teamwork and mentoring skills.
- Learning new skills that can be transferred to other situations in your life
- Acting as a positive role model for young people and helping them to realize their potential
- Volunteering further develops people’s confidence and capacity and can contribute to maintaining a positive self image
- Feeling a part of the community and contributing to it’s ongoing development
- Meeting new people and building a network while being valued in the community is a major bonus of volunteering
- Engaging in new activities in a fun and enjoyable atmosphere
- Being able to relate, listen to and understand young people is very rewarding and something which only happens when quality time is spent with them
KDYS need volunteers to help run Youth Clubs and Youth cafes, assist at Youth Events and to get involved in fundraising activities. We are currently recruiting volunteer for our mentor project.
Youth clubs are key to ensuring that the young people of Kerry grow up supported, healthy, happy, safe, connected and respected in their own communities. If you would like to start a youth club within KDYS, click the Start a Youth Club page.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please select the button below, complete and hit “Send” on our contact form by clicking the button below and we can post the volunteer registration pack to you.
Looking forward to meeting you!