We are currently recruiting exceptional individuals, who make a difference in the lives of young people and their families by promoting a culture of integrity and compliance and operating in line with our organisational mission, vision and values: Young person-centred, Rights-based, Empowering, Inclusive, Respectful, Non-judgemental
In KDYS, we recognise that our most valuable asset is our people. As a charity, we are committed to recruiting individuals who possess the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to help us achieve our charitable mission and goals. Our Board of Management and management team are dedicated to ensuring that our recruitment procedures and practices are fair, inclusive, consistent, and aligned with our Employment Equality Policy.
In KDYS, we are deeply committed to fostering equality and diversity within our organisation, and this commitment is reflected in every aspect of our recruitment practices.
One of the key ways we promote inclusivity is by actively encouraging applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds. We believe that a diverse pool of applicants brings fresh perspectives and enriches our organisation. To achieve this, we advertise positions through various media channels, ensuring that our opportunities reach a wide range of potential candidates.
As an equal opportunities employer, it is fundamental for us to communicate our stance clearly to all applicants. Every job advertisement and communication with candidates explicitly states that KDYS is an equal opportunities employer and this principle guides our recruitment and selection procedures.
Our recruitment process is designed to ensure fairness and equality of opportunity for all employees and job applicants based on their merit. We are committed to treating every applicant fairly and without discrimination, regardless of factors such as gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or membership of the Traveller community.
To uphold the principle of impartiality, our recruitment interviews are based solely on assessing the candidates’ abilities. This approach ensures that all candidates of equal merit have an equitable chance of securing the position.
We recognise the importance of achieving gender balance and adhere to best practice guidelines to ensure diversity on our interview panels where possible. We believe that a diverse panel contributes to a more inclusive decision-making process.
Clear and agreed-upon criteria in the person specification guide the assessment of all applicants. This ensures that we evaluate candidates based on relevant qualifications and experience, promoting a fair and transparent evaluation process.
To maintain confidentiality and ensure privacy, interview assessments are confidentially maintained for 12 months(or longer if required by the funder), while the successful candidate’s record is securely stored in the personnel file.
Furthermore, we are dedicated to making reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities, ensuring they have the necessary support and adjustments during the recruitment process and throughout their employment with us.
We take any complaints of alleged discrimination very seriously. If such complaints arise, we conduct thorough investigations and take appropriate action to ensure a fair and inclusive environment for everyone at KDYS.
Our commitment to equality and diversity is at the core of our organisational culture, and we strive to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our team.
Fair Recruitment Process
Our commitment to equal opportunities means that we wish to ensure that every applicant is treated fairly. In order for you to compete as effectively as possible, it is very important you read the post requirements, job description and application details, and submit your application accordingly. The information you provide in your application is the only information we will use in deciding whether or not you will be shortlisted for an interview and it will be used as a basis for the interview itself.
Our Recruitment Process:
- Job Description & Person Specification: For every position, a detailed person specification is created, outlining the required experience, skills, and attributes needed to excel in the role.
- Advertisement: All vacancies are advertised internally and, where appropriate, externally. External positions are advertised online and in print, depending on funding availability and the nature of the position. Internal vacancies are communicated through internal channels.
- Application Process: Details of the application process and role requirements are available through our Human Resources Department, and applications are submitted accordingly.
- Shortlisting: A short-listing panel carefully evaluates applicants’ education, training, experience, and qualifications to form a shortlist of candidates.
- Interviews: Selected candidates are invited for interviews, with efforts made to ensure gender balance on the interview panels.
- Reference Checks and Offer: Referees are contacted after interviews, and our Human Resources Manager extends a written job offer to the successful candidate. A start date is agreed upon between the new employee and their Line Manager/Human Resources Manager.
- Vetting and Clearance: All potential employees must provide two referees and apply for Garda Clearance in compliance with the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012 and KDYS Garda Vetting Policy.
- Equality and Anti-Discrimination: All parties involved in the recruitment process have an understanding of equality legislation, equal opportunities principles, and practices, ensuring a fair and non-discriminatory selection process.
- Documentation and Retention: A file is kept for each vacancy, retaining Job Description, Person Specification, Job Advertisement, applicant details, interview assessments, and correspondence for 12 months (or longer if required by funders).
- Internal Appointment: Internal appointment procedures follow the same process, except when extending current contracts.
For further information or any queries please email our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org