DARE is a third level alternative admissions scheme for school-leavers under the age of 23 as of 1 January 2023 whose disabilities have had a negative impact on their second level education.
Applicants to DARE can present with an Irish Leaving Certificate, A-Levels and/or other EU qualifications.
DARE offers reduced points places to school leavers who, as a result of having a disability, have experienced additional educational challenges in second level education.
What types of disabilities does DARE consider?
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (including Asperger’s Syndrome)
- Blind/Vision Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD) – Dyspraxia
- Dyscalculia/ Significant Numeracy Difficulties
- Dyslexia/ Significant Literacy Difficulties
- Mental Health Condition
- Neurological Condition (including Brain Injury and Epilepsy)
- Physical Disability
- Significant Ongoing Illness
- Speech and Language Communication Disorder