Interested in working in an organisation committed to making a real difference in the lives of Young People in Kerry? KDYS currently has a number of great opportunities that you may be interested in!
We are a leading youth work organisation in South West Ireland, working with and giving a voice to young people across the diocese. Our Staff Team is committed to the core values of the organisation
- Young people are at the heart of everything we do
- Concern for every young person’s development – personal, social, educational and spiritual,
- A strong commitment to partnership with young people and communities, volunteers, and
- Upholding the highest quality standards of integrity and professionalism.
We work in active partnership with local, regional, national and international bodies to achieve the best possible outcomes for all young people, and their families and communities.
We invite applications for the following posts:
KDYS in partnership with KETB invites applications for the following Youthreach Resource Worker posts
(providing Maternity/Parental Leave Cover)
These are short term part time roles to provide Maternity/Parental leave cover, working as part of a staff team reporting to the Youthreach Co-ordinator. Duties assigned to these roles include the preparation, development and delivery of specified QQI / LCA curriculum modules.
Post A: Based in Tralee Youthreach Leaving Cert Applied, this is a part time role of 25 hours per week to provide Maternity Leave Cover, duties assigned to this role will include the delivery of LCA modules to young people in the areas of Health, Sport and/or IT
Post B: Based in Transforum Alley Youthreach, this is a part time role of 18 hours per week for 15 weeks to provide Parental Leave Cover, duties assigned to this role will include the delivery of QQI 2/3/4 in an Integrated Programme in the areas of One to One Literacy, Group Literacy and Personal & Interpersonal Development
- Applicants should have a recognised and relevant 3rd Level Degree (Level 8 or equivalent) in Education, Youth Work, or a related field
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable young people in an informal education setting is desirable
- Remuneration is in accordance with the Youthreach Resource worker salary scale approved by the Department of Education. Commencing salary will be at point 1 of the scale and will be pro rata for contracted hours
- Commencing September 2018
- Please submit completed Application Form on or before:
For further information please see KDYS Youthreach Resource Worker re LCA and KDYS Youthreach Resource Worker re Transforum Alley
For Application please download: Application Form – Youthreach Resource Worker
For more information on how to complete your application, please see Your Application & Our Recruitment Process
A panel may be formed from which future vacancies may be filled.
Please submit completed Application Form on or before:
3 pm, Tuesday 10th July 2018
Community Employment Opportunities
We currently have a number of opportunities available within the Community Employment scheme across Kerry in the areas of:
Administration, Youth Work, Maintenance, Truck Driver (Category C Licence with CPC)
KDYS sponsors the Community Employment Scheme under the aegis of the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.
The Community Employment (CE) programme is designed to help people who are long-term unemployed and other disadvantaged people to get back to work by offering part-time work within local communities. Participants can take up other part-time work during their placement. The KDYS scheme provides access to quality paid work experience and accredited training. Applicants must meet CE eligibility requirements.
Interested? For more information on any of these posts contact our HR department today at firstname.lastname@example.org or 064 6631748.
KDYS is an equal opportunities employer.
KDYS is a Health Promoting Youth Organisation
KDYS complies with the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charity Organisations in Ireland